- To establish and develop the new discipline of Ecotechnics which deals with the relationships between ethnosphere, technosphere and the biosphere;
- To design, develop and implement programmes and projects conducive to furthering the discipline of Ecotechnics;
- To hold conferences where practitioners of different disciplines exchange results of their work to assist in the formulation of a local or planetary program to deal with major ecological problem areas;
- To provide eco-technical consulting in applications of restoration ecology.
- To promote public participation through educational programmes about Ecotechnics:, especially at interfaces of cultures, art and theatre;
- To publish useful results of such investigations and research;
- To manage a world wide web homepage and knowledge database to disseminate an understanding of ecotechnics.