Designed and built from 1984 – 1991, these images show you what it was like inside Biosphere 2 right before the first mission began on September 26, 1991, 20 years ago today. Eight people lived inside for two years setting world record for human life support. Grew their own food, recycled their air, water and wastes, the early Biosphere 2 experiment in closed ecological systems taught us many important lessons about how our biosphere works to support us.
September 11, 2014
October 17, 2013
April 15, 2012
May 17, 2012
- Eden Turned on its Side: Meridel Rubinstein Looks at Human Processes Across Time, Sept. 10, Santa Fe
- Saathi Bio Farm: Community Organic Market and Educational Centre in Nepal
- Research Vessel Heraclitus: World Ocean
- Legends of Heraclitus
- Ecotechnics Award Winning Sustainable Forestry Project, Heavily Damaged by Hurricane Maria
- “The Evolution of Food Crops in the Mediterranean”.
Support The Institute
Your Support Really Helps With These Projects!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.