Designed and built from 1984 – 1991, these images show you what it was like inside Biosphere 2 right before the first mission began on September 26, 1991, 20 years ago today. Eight people lived inside for two years setting world record for human life support. Grew their own food, recycled their air, water and wastes, the early Biosphere 2 experiment in closed ecological systems taught us many important lessons about how our biosphere works to support us.
August 12, 2011
April 26, 2013
‘Biosphere 2: Lessons & Relevance to Global Ecological Challenges’ with Dr. Mark Nelson & Sir Ghillean Prance
September 25, 2018
May 17, 2012
- Research Vessel Heraclitus Update
- ‘Biosphere 2: Lessons & Relevance to Global Ecological Challenges’ with Dr. Mark Nelson & Sir Ghillean Prance
- Eden Turned on its Side: Meridel Rubinstein Looks at Human Processes Across Time, Sept. 10, Santa Fe
- Saathi Bio Farm: Community Organic Market and Educational Centre in Nepal
- Research Vessel Heraclitus: World Ocean
- Legends of Heraclitus
Support The Institute
Your Support Really Helps With These Projects!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.